Welcome at TOGO Plus
We only have one life on earth, right? You have to use that.
In my dream one helps the other without compulsion, simply because he likes
finds it. Ultimately, our time on earth only makes sense if we are somehow useful in fighting for the world to get better.
Oskar Niemeyer, architect
What characterizes TOGO PLUS?
The combination project Togo plus allows you a regional
Engagement in Togo, West Africa, in the Sokodé and Agou regions, combined with certified carbon offset projects for balancing CO2- emissions.
Through this combination of certified carbon offset projects and regional climate and environmental protection measures developed by natureOffice CO2 combined certificates.
While the actual offsetting of your emissions will take place through your chosen Gold Standard or VCS certified carbon offset project, choosing Togo Plus will also help you with your important work in Togo, West Africa.
REGIONAL environmental protection together with
the locals with added value in West africa
As part of Togo plus, the following activities are implemented in the project region:
- Training programs: sheep breeding, beekeeping, rabbit breeding
- Agricultural Cooperative: sheep breeding, rabbit breeding, beekeeping, animal marketing, honey and dried fruit
- Workshops: Preservation of food through cooking and drying, water and sanitation, first aid courses, safety at work, brick manufacture with natural materials, repair of buildings
- Fruit planting to improve the income situation of the regional population: Moringa, pineapple, bananas, cocoa, coffee, cashew
- Water: transport solution with donkey and wagon, care and maintenance of wells, installation, care and maintenance of water filter systems, water extraction by gutters, maintenance and removal of surface water (sea) on the project surface
- Energy: installation, maintenance and operation of solar systems, light provision for community
- School projects: awareness raising and education for environmental and nature conservation, children's workshops, collecting tree seeds (quality assessment), setting up and maintaining a tree nursery, siting and spreading tree seedlings, setting up and caring for salad bags
- Hygiene systems: Construction of toilet facilities, operation and maintenance of facilities
- Jobs: creation of jobs in nursery, forestry, agriculture and administration
- Events: regular cinema events, organization and organization of village festivals
- Planned: animal rescue and care station for young and injured animals from the region
Facts about the project:
- Project type: Combination project
- Project name: Togo plus
- Project area: Togo and international (depending on the chosen carbon offset project)
- Project standard: Gold Standard, VCS, CCB (depending on the chosen carbon offset project)
- additional fee: per Certificat 5 Euro for environmental activities without deductions for Togo
All our carbon offset projects for download.
Therefore climate protection in Africa makes so much sense.
Climate change threatens the development potential of billions
of people especially in the poorest countries in the world.
That's what scientists and Experts say
Quotes taken from the Marshall Plan with Africa and by Prof. Dr. Ing. Dr. Dr. hc F.J. Radermacher
Afforestation programs in Africa are the "key to promoting 12 of the 17 SDGs of the world community under the 2030 Agenda in Africa".
"Eco-social market economy ... is an economic system in addition to questions of value added also issues of social balance and the environment and climate protection are fully addressed ... not at any price to increase the amount of goods and services and it does not matter is to get a two class society to destroy the environment and evoke the climate catastrophe ... two-class societies can lead to internal conflicts such as civil wars, on a global level it is the division into poor and rich parts of the world. "The discontent has consequences: terror, Overpopulation, migration. "
"The plight that builds up in Africa is the reason why we are now seriously addressing the issue [...] in Africa, starting a development that is self-sustaining, generating reasonable growth there, and how can we reasonably do so growth It would not help if we were to grow in Africa at the cost of more social divisions, destruction of the environment, rainforests, and even more climate problems we protect the rainforest and we have less CO2-emissions. "
"The Solution here is
Afforestation. With afforestation we´re able reinforcing CO2 from our
"[...] And then use the wood as a renewable resource [...] so that the Africans can feed themselves and so they do not throw out € 35 billion a year for food imports - on a continent that is self-sufficient could feed. "
"Afforestation is a key to promoting 12 of the 17 SDGs, it is an approach against the spread of deserts, creates a reliable renewable raw material base and removes CO2 from the atmosphere." Afforestation on degraded soils around rainforests opens up value for a renewable resource and protects the primary rainforests from dehydration, where many jobs and incomes can be generated to improve the climate, not worsen it.
"A Marshall plan with [...] Africa as a whole offers the opportunity to show that it is possible to rapidly develop economically a large region of several hundred million people and to generate massive economic growth with increasing social balance, without losing sight of the economic situation On the contrary, Sahara [...] desert should be used to bring [...] Africa forward decisively and even defuse the CO2 problem in the world at the same time [...] in conjunction with massive afforestation programs to extract CO2 from the atmosphere. "
"Investing in better living prospects for people living in Africa is not only far more cost-effective than using welfare state funds in Germany for refugees from Africa - anything that gives people an incentive to shape their future in their own country also respects much more the human dignity of those affected. "
"We are only responding under pressure and this is bringing about change." The biggest pressure is coming from Africa: in Africa alone, the population could grow to 4 billion people by 2100, quadrupling, which would be six times the EU and the consequences of climate change, this hits Africa hard. "
"at the moment we help each african with approx. 2 EUR a year..."
"An uncared teenager who comes to Germany as an applicant for asylum costs EUR 60,000.
That's not affordable in millions of dollars. We have to think about where we can save a lot if we help Africa. Now we have with us a policy in the climate - climate plan economy.
This is incredibly expensive and has almost no climate effects. For example, in the energetic renovation of apartments: 2 t CO2 savings are achieved with 30,000 EUR costs. It's the same with electromobility. [...] Instead of thinking about using the sun of the Sahara to produce a synthetic gasoline and a synthetic diesel that is carbon neutral.
Then the investments in Africa, which could lead to enormous added value there and protect the environment, would lead us to achieve our climate protection goals much cheaper. So that in the sum of the expenses we spend less and still have huge effects.
"But Europe can win the most
when Africa wins."
"And if we work intelligently with Africa in Europe, then we can even solve our climate problems with Africa together better and cheaper than if we try alone."
"A successful implementation of this plan would also be a promising fight against flight causes and would therefore also take the great pressure on Europe, which has built up alarmingly fast in recent months."