Deutschland Plus RHONE MOUNTAINS
Hassia, Bavaria, Thuringia
The Rhön, the land of open distances, is a low mountain range at the interface between Bavaria, Hassia and Thuringia. Due to the centuries of use, a diverse cultural landscape developed with beech forests, shrubbery, farmland and species-rich meadows in the highlands. In 1991, UNESCO recognized the Rhön as a biosphere reserve to secure the protection, care and development of this exceptional low mountain landscape.
For several years, the lupine spread in the Bavarian Rhön has been closely monitored and suitable measures have been tested to limit their further spread as it restricts protected animal and plant species.
The conservation of biodiversity is one of the most important goals of our time.
Further work to be done in this region:
- Fighting of lupines
- Biotope care - eesp. black grouses
- Rewetting of moores
- Landscape conservancy
Facts about the project:
- Project type: Combined certificate
- Project name: Deutschland plus
- Project locations: Germany and various
- Project standard: Gold Standard/ VCS/ CCBS (depending on chosen carbon offset project)
- Additional contribution: per certificate we forward EUR 5 to our implentation partner