Deutschland Plus hunsrück
National park Hunsrück-Hochwald
Main works in this National park is the rewetting of the High moores in Morbach (Hunsrück). These slope rents arise in the precipitation-rich climate of the highlands on water-retaining layers of the Hunsrück quartzite trunks and accommodate species-rich transitional moors, bog forests and spring corridors.
By rewetting the severely disturbed slope ropes, these moors are being renatured in the long term and can thus fulfill their tasks as reservoirs of water and carbon as well as the habitat of many rare animal and plant species.
National park Hunsrück-Hochwald.
Further works to be done in this region:
- Installation of drainage ditches
- Transformation of pure spruce stands into semi-natural mixed forests
- Dismantling of driveways
- Improving the flow of water in ditches and dikes
Facts about the project:
- Project type: Combined certificate
- Project name: Deutschland plus
- Project locations: Germany and various
- Project standard: Gold Standard/ VCS/ CCBS (depending on chosen carbon offset project)
- Additional contribution: per certificate we forward EUR 5 for our implementation partner